There are many substances that have addictive properties. Most people has not yet tried all these substances. Also, people who have tried them, does not really abuse them or get dependent. The vulnerability to substance-related disorders matters and is seen as the reason for this. There are many theories to actually prove it.
Deficiencies on morality was seen as the reason as to why people get addicted to drugs and alcohol.. Not exerting control over one’s impulses, being weak, and being bad are the perception among drug and alcohol addicts. Since 1960s, that view has largely been replaced by the disease model of addiction, which views drug and alcohol addiction as an incurable physical disease, like epilepsy or diabetes. This model has been supported fairly by research on the genetics and biology of drug and alcohol addiction, but there are obvious social and psychological forces that make some people more prone to these disorders than are others. The vulnerability of an individual to substance abuse and dependence is increased by factors such as biological, social, and psychological.
When it comes to theories, one of the most prominent in the literature that discusses substance-related disorders is the biological theory. This can be attributed to three reasons. First, there are numerous theorists that attribute the vulnerability to these disorders to one’s heredity. Second, people who become substance dependent or abusive may react in a different way physiologically to substances than those who become dependent or abusive. Third, some theorists have argued that drug and alcohol addiction really represents an underlying biological depression. These are drug and alcohol facts which may aid us to comprehend how it has rise in our lives and in our society. There are still many drug and alcohol facts to help and warn us against its effects. Let us try to know them one by one.
• Effects of addictive drugs can never be calculated.
• Drug addiction can lead to death.
• Drug addiction can be treated via drug rehab.
• The production and selling of drugs are illegal in most countries.
• Every year, there is an increase of health problems that are alcohol related.
• There are different categorizations of addictive drugs.
• The major effects of alcohol are bad on most aspects.
• A depressant on one’s nervous system is how alcohol works on our body.
• Alcohol has long term effects .
• An individual can be greatly affected even just for a small amount of alcohol.
• Alcohol should never be consumed with medications.
• Alcoholism can be hereditary.
• Alcohol can cause major damage to the brain.
• A person should never drink with an empty stomach.
• There is a high chance for an individual to become an alcoholic if his or her parents have histories of alcohol addiction.
• Constant alcohol use can have negative effects on the heart.
• A person should eat before ingesting alcohol.
• Prolonged alcohol use can cause weight gain.
• According to several research studies, violence can likely happen when there is presence of alcohol use.
• As early as 11 years old, children are said by statistics to have tasted alcohol.
• Deaths due to drunk driving is increasing every year.
Drug and alcohol facts are important so that people can know how to deal with drugs and alcohol.