The Call is Free | Call Now (877) 220-0352

Call Our Treatment Line

Help is one phone call away (877) 220-0352

What is Alcohol Poisoning?

Alcohol poisoning is one of the consequences that may derive from drinking too much of alcohol inside a short-period of time. Alcohol poisoning is often a result of binge drinking; the consumption of five or more drinks in a short span of time. When we binge drink in this manner, or drink too excessively for our own programs, the liver can’t process all of the alcohol that’s been taken to the system fast enough. This causes the excess alcohol to become introduced in to the blood-stream, which then flows to the mind, affecting the neurochemistry. Many functions can be affected by this in the body. A lot of alcohol can lead to the suppression of one or more vital systems, including the breathing, since alcohol is a depressant. Alcohol is generally metabolized in the liver at the rate of 1 ounce every 90 minutes. This might be the equivalent of a two-ounce blended drink, one beer or even a regular-size glass of wine. This is the rate that the healthy liver functions. Almost any liver disease could be in a position to metabolize alcohol a lot more slowly.

Alcohol accumulation can lead to respiratory failure, liver failure, or heart failure, and represses normal reactions. For example, a lot of people with alcohol poisoning are so intoxicated that they do not have a gag re-flex, which may make them asphyxiate independently vomit if they regurgitate while they’re unconscious.

What is alcohol poisoning? How can we recognize it? What do we do when we recognize it? There are lots of different symptoms the period to an instance of alcohol poisoning. These symptoms may possibly include:

* Confusion and stupor

* Vomiting

* Seizures

* Slowed breathing or abnormal breathing

* Skin that becomes blue-tinged or soft

* Lowered human anatomy temperature, also hypothermia

* Unconsciousness with little to no success of awakening

If these signs are found in someone you know, you should seek medical attention immediately. Alcohol accumulation therapy includes breathing support and administration of fluids and vitamins to get rid of alcohol in the system.

Until medical assistance arrives, it’s very important to keep the person with liquor poisoning sitting in one place if they are conscious. Do not let them have coffee or caffeine as this leads to further dehydration. Give them water should they can take it. If they’re passed out, turn them on their side; don’t allow them to sit on their backs.

Sufficiently high levels of alcohol in the body could cause coma or death. Acute alcohol poisoning is known as a medical emergency.

Posted in Drug Rehab  |  Leave a comment

Leave a reply

The Call is Free